Here is a great-tasting and healthy chicken and vegetables meal, cooked and served in one dish. We had this tonight. Like many GREAT recipes, I made it up as I went along. It was delicious and filling.
Please pay attention to the thick cuts and other preparation details; it’s worth it for the result. And while there is some preparation work here, the ‘one-dish cooking and serving’ part helps a lot.
You can get away with easily using the frozen chicken you may have bought in bulk at your local BJ’s or Costco. No defrosting; just lay them in.
- Chicken Tenders, frozen, 6 pieces
- Celery, coarsely chopped, 1.5 cups
- Red Onion, coarse cut, 1 cup
- Mushrooms, thick-sliced, 1 cup
- Plum Tomatoes, sliced, 2 pieces
- Tomato Sauce, 2 cans
- Mozzarella Cheese, part-skim, thin-sliced, 0.5 cup
- Vegetable Oil, 0.25 cups
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Oregano
- Corning Ware casserole dish, large, short, square, covered.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare all vegetables, place all except tomatoes in a bowl, and mix.
- Pour oil into the covered dish, and place the chicken pieces down.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Open cover.
- Put the vegetable mix on top, 1st can sauce, tomato slices, 2nd can sauce, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
The old Shadow Iris CorningWare pattern is the one we got when we married.