My new Fender CD-140SCE acoustic-electric guitar is an amazing
My requirements for a new guitar were simple, but important to me:
- Around a $300 street price
- Good acoustic-only tone
- Electric is ready-to-go when needed
- Good electronic preamp
- Easy to change battery*
- Tuner built-in to the preamp electronics
I got all of these features with this Fender guitar. And I couldn’t be happier. And, I haven’t missed a night of practice! By-the-way, I’m spoiled by the on-board tuner.
The Fender CD-140SCE
After all of my on-and-off guitar training over the years, I wanted and really needed a decent acoustic to complement my other musical endeavors (where I’ve gotten much further along) and get serious about guitar again. I also wanted an alternative to my nice and steadfast Schecter Omen 6 electric.
- Material: Solid Spruce Top with Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Controls: Integrated Electronic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Body (Mid-Sweep), Low Battery Indicator Light
- Special Electronics: Fishman® Presys™ Pickup System with Active Onboard Preamp and Tuner
P.S.: My Fender CD-140SCE is in natural, not black (which is also really nice).
*I remember the days of having to take all of the strings off (!!) to change the battery on some original acoustic-electric designs.